Tuesday 28 October 2014

5 Things Life at Uni has taught me!

Hey Guys,

In case you weren't aware I'm a current Law student and I am in my second year. I have gone through fresher's week, first year, faux freshers week (when 2nd years pretend they're freshers to get free stuff but shh) and I'm going through probably the hardest education period of my life. Nevertheless Uni has been very very interesting and this is 5 things that life at university so far as taught me.

1. You will miss your parents like crazy!
I really don't know how to make you understand how much you will miss home! During the  first few weeks when you're having the time of your life (or throwing up your internal organs depending on how you get down) you'll love the freedom and vow to never go home again. But as you start to settle in you realise there's no mum to cook for you, no one to help you out. No family that you're used to and it starts to dawn on you that you are living with virtual strangers.

Me and my mum weren't that close before I came to uni but 2 years in I literally have no qualms about saying I see her as my best friend. In first year we spoke on the phone almost every day. She was giving me advice about Friends, laughing at me when my jollof rice flopped (this happened a couple times) and just generally being a listening ear. Even my brother the big tough lad admitted that he missed home and wished he could stay longer when he came back for the weekend.

2. Learn to hide your food!!!!!
Why? you may ask...because there will always be a rat like person living with or somewhere near you. My thief story is a funny one because not only was our food going missing every night, (crumble, bottles of wine, eggs, MILKY BARS (MY milky bars ill have you know, and you know how much i love my chocolate) but the perpetrator was our next door neighbours who had been using the adjoining fire escape to break into our flat every night. Needless to say we didn't know this and blamed  a fellow housemate who then stopped talking to us for the rest of the year and eventually moved out. (I don't blame her)

Be creative in hiding your stuff, if it doesn't need to be in the fridge I#d say you should put it in your room. People get hungry and when lazy ass people see free food, they wont be afraid to help themselves.

3. University is NOT easy!
You're probably thinking well of course! But hold on let me explain, before coming to Uni, all everyone said was Uni is easy! It's easier than A levels blah blah, yeah all that rubbish is WRONG! Uni is soooo hard and if you don't put 110% in you will fail and it will not be funny because your resits are capped at 40%. So don't come with the mentality that you can chill. I mean you can but you would be chilling with a fail so...

4. You will not find your husband or even a serious relationship at Uni!
If you're reading this and you're in a serious relationship at uni then lol, Just ignore this post but I know a lot of girls come to uni with the mentality of oh yes this is my chance to be in a serious relationship. Me and my boothang will be chilling, watching movies, I'll be cooking for him! LIES! upon arriving at Uni, you will realise Guys don't want to settle down. They wanna watching movies, but with as many girls as possible and 'watching movies' doesn't mean watching movies. You'd be wrong if you went to a boys house expecting to watch movies, It means a WHOOOOLE other thing. I won't get into that here. On the other hand if you go for much older men or post grads you may have a slight chance of relationship status,

5. You will find human beings without the ability to feed themselves.
Yes somehow there are a loooooot of individuals who are unprepared for the real world. They cannot cook! Common cooking to feed themselves they are unable to do. Hence the race begins to get as many girls to cook for them as possible! watch out! Don't be one of the many chefs who are trekking to asda to come and cook for a guy who's thinking about what the next girl will cook him tomorrow, Be wise and stingy with your food!!!

What did you learn at Uni?? Drop a comment, and don't forget to subscribe and share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment