Monday 20 October 2014

Weight Loss journey!

Hey Guys!

So I just finished an intense work out session with my flatmate and I am feeling soooo good! Never realised how good exercise actually makes you feel. When you're doing it, it feels like the world would end anytime soon, but as soon as you're done,you just feel happy that you're healthier and proud of yourself that you've achieved so much.

I've been meaning to get right for a while in terms of my health and fitness but I've just been too lazy so when my flatmate burst in and announced she wanted to get fit in 6 weeks, I thought why not, let me use this opportunity. Now I have the type of body that unless you look closely, it looks on point, behind closed doors, only I know what's really going on but by embarking on this journey I'm hoping to make my body look good in public and in private.

Of course this means fixing my diet as well! For those who know me they know I am literally the queen of chocolate, like I consume immense amounts of chocolate in one sitting and by one sitting I mean several large packets a day, but today I was able to control myself and didn't buy a single chocolate(boy the struggle was real, trust me!!) but it made me feel proud of myself. (I ended up buying do-nuts to substitute the sugar rush but shhh no one needs to know that.)

So basically this post is to make sure I'm accountable to someone and hopefully guilt trip me into sticking to this journey. If I give up after a few days I may just delete this post and pretend this never happened lol. Feel free to start the journey with me and I hope to be posting pictures, recipes, and progress throughout the phase.

In the meantime, here are some links to some of my favourite work out videos:

1. Tae Bo is actually amazing, like seriously, this guy does not play about. He throws you in the deep end and expects you to swim!! Fast!! But if you're resilient you will love the results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVwv0bUEJpE

2. Only just came across this today and I am soo in love with it. It's a 2 part dance routine. One african themed and one carribean themed. I found myself sweating by the bucket but yet having fun. I definitely reccomend this if you are a beginner and if you're a good dancer you will love it even more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq7IDD0Ye1Y

3. Everybody loves some Zumba!! This put a smile on my face and got me me working up a sweat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-RMdXvs6bM

3 comments:

  1. I am in this too. I'm trying to get fit before d year runs out. Obe gotta look good for 2015. Wud try checking out the links. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool girl!! it's sooo hard, I've already fallen off tbh!! I need motivation man!!

      Delete