Thursday 18 December 2014

Friends don't have to agree to be there for you!

So I have this Friend, she often comes to me with a problem, I often don't agree with the problem, but I always listen to it and try to reach a solution for her. The fact that I don't see the problem as a problem doesn't mean it's not a problem for her. So I would say my job as a friend is to listen to her and be there for her as long as she needs. Would you agree?

Many times you won't like the decision your friend makes, mostly boy related or they will tell you something that bothers them and in your mind you will be like, this isn't really a problem to be honest just get over it. But you can't forget that everyone is different and just because you wouldn't see that as a big deal if it was you doesn't mean they're not allowed to see it as a big deal. They're not you, things that may not hurt you can hurt then and it's not your call to decide what is important or not.

As a friend you should listen to them, say what you can to make them feel better and if you have nothing to say, a collection of hmms,grunts and I feel you girl should suffice. Under no circumstances must you say:

Just get over it already. It's not that deep.
Get over them.
Anyways....(Then change the subject) this one is particularly not alright

You get the gist. You don't have to agree or even understand where your friend is coming from. But you do have to be there for them. Otherwise what's the difference between you and a stranger?

Do you agree? Comment below and don't forget to subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment